Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thing 3 - Flickr

I love Flickr. Our family started with a Yahoo account, but then my husband found Flickr (then Yahoo photos migrated to Flickr), and so we have had a Flickr family account for the last three years. I talk it up with all my family and friends. What a great service! It's easy to upload photos, you get tons of space, and best of all, I don't have to try to email photos to said friends and family anymore. I control how people view my photos (who can view what, grouping of photos, tags), and I don't have to worry that my photos are going to clog up anyone's email account. Plus, I like to see what everyone else in the world is looking at. It's amazing how much we are all alike. How may cute baby pictures could there be?!

Here is one of my favorites from our account.

My only beef with Flickr is that it orders all photos by when you upload them. This means that if you upload a bunch of photos that you took last week, and then you upload a bunch of photos you took last year, it orders the oldest ones first because they are the newest to be uploaded. And what this means is that my husband refuses to let me upload any recent photos because he hasn't finished uploading photos from last year. While I appreciate his fastidiousness in regard to "order", I wish I could share the photos of our son's recent 6th birthday with all of our friends and family, and not have to wait for someone else to find the time to "order" everything. I don't blame my husband, I blame the technology. Change, Flickr! Allow for alternative ordering!

1 comment:

  1. I've had the same problem with photo order in Flickr. You can change the upload date/time to put them in the order you want.

    ReplyDelete